Press and hold of + button should track touch selection

It would be a nice improvement (arguably bug fix) for the + button to have press and hold ability to choose the item.

Meaning, once you press down on one of the items on this list but don’t let go, the selection does not travel with your finger as it’s going up and down the list. To choose something besides “Music Albums” from this state I have captured, I’d have to let go, and try + again. If I travel too far away like to “Video Games”, the selection disappears completely, even though I’m pressing down on the list.

This is in contrast to long press on the app icon for example. There I can press, hold, and go up and down the list. The selection travels with my my touch, and only when I let go will that item be selected.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree, this would be a very nice quality of life improvement. Would you care if the menu wasn’t custom and just used the standard iOS context menu?

1 Like

Not at all, if it makes it easier to implement and matches standard functionality elsewhere. There’s precedent for a nice menu like this from the top left aA icon in Safari URL bar, and you already have the b&w icons from long-press app menu.

1 Like

Ok, I was really intrigued by this idea so I tried it out…and I kinda love it. It’s super fast and feels more native than the custom one I built. There is a small hit to the visual style, but I think the functionality makes it worth the change.

Feel a little dumb for not thinking of it before. Seems obvious now :upside_down_face:

It will be in the next release :clap:. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

That is amazing to hear, thanks for much for taking the time to listen to the suggestion and implement it. Can’t wait for that next release! Cheers.

1 Like

Closing this thread since this feature has been released. See Release 2.12.8 - Bug Fixes & Improvements.

Thanks again :raised_hands:

1 Like