Multiple items at once / Bulk add?

Hi! Just discovered Sofa today, and I’m super excited about it. However, to be frank, it seems like it’s going to be a pain to transfer everything from my other lists over to Sofa - I have probably several hundred movies, books, games, board games, and etc. that I’d love to include.

Is there a way to add multiple items at once, or add them in bulk?

Currently the only way I’m seeing to add content is by clicking the plus button, typing something in, clicking search, clicking the little plus next to the item, clicking my lists, and THEN clicking add to the correct list.

Am I missing something? That workflow seems complicated for one add, let alone hundreds.

Otherwise super excited to use, so hopefully I can figure this out! Thank you!!!
-Gabe

@Greiss122 thanks for the post. It’s not currently possible to add multiple items at once or bulk add. One way to speed up the workflow is to navigate to a list, and then tap the + button. Any items you add will be automatically added to that list, without having to select it. I know that’s not the answer you’re looking for, but it does save a step.

I am currently exploring ways to improve the workflow. The tricky part is to do it without adding too much/any additional complexity.

Thanks Shawn! Understood.

One relatively simple suggestion I have - if you’re adding items from the + button inside a list, it would be great if the search popup just stayed open until you pressed “Done” or whatever.

That way in my movies list, I could press + and type “Truman,” then click add next to “The Truman Show”, which I would see show up BEHIND the search popup. Then i could immediately delete the text “Truman” and type in “Little M” to click the add button next to “Little Miss Sunshine”.

Then, I’d click “done” / “cancel” to go back to the list, where I could see both movies added and (if I wanted) I could click the + button again to add items from a different category, like board games.

Does that make sense? Essentially, keeping the search box OPEN would be a huge timesaver when adding items of the same class.

Thank you!
-Gabe

Also, semi-related, but it would be great to be able to select multiple items from a list at once to move/mark as done/delete - like tapping “Select” in the iOS Files app, and tapping files to Share/Delete/Move in bulk.

One relatively simple suggestion I have - if you’re adding items from the + button inside a list, it would be great if the search popup just stayed open until you pressed “Done” or whatever.

I’ve been heads down working on this for the 3.0 launch and will be sharing a video of how it works this week. I think I’ve got a solution that works pretty well. Will share it here once it’s up!

@Greiss122 as promised, here’s a video showing progress on some of your requests.

Work Log: Search All The Things

@shawn Heyyy, the easy-add and multi-add both look great - and thanks for the follow-up!!

One suggestion I have: maybe pressing and HOLDING on the + button in a list would pop up the medium-selector tool before launching quick search :slight_smile:

Any thoughts on being able to select multiple items from a list at once, to move/mark as done/delete? Like tapping “Select” in the iOS Files app, and tapping files to Share/Delete/Move in bulk.

Otherwise, very interested in testing the beta once it’s ready!

Multi-select/bulk actions is on the list to tackle. Not sure it will be in the initial 3.0 release though.