Getting Ready for iOS 15

It’s been 2 weeks since 3.0 launched (whew!) and I’m starting to plan Sofa’s iOS 15 update.

• Quick Note integration
  • Larger widgets
  • New widgets
  • and a few more little things

Let me know what you think!

A stats widget is something I’m super interested it! Usually these stat widgets are bar graphs for weekly or monthly consumption, but it could be interesting to explore a GitHub-like heat map that could have different colours for different media. I don’t have any visual and it sounds fairly complicated, but it’s something to think about!

Two questions:

1. I’m curious as to how the Quick Note integration will work. Will you be able to send data into Sofa?
  2. Have you thought any more about allowing Sofa to work on M1 Macs? I was disappointed that I couldn’t upgrade to 3.0 on my M1 MacBook Pro which was running Sofa just fine. Even better of course would be a dedicated Mac version.

Stats widgets could go in many directions, data visualization being one of them. The more I dig in, the more I’ll have an idea of what it could/should be.

The way I understand the new feature in iOS 15 is that you will be able to add Sofa links into a Quick Note. Then pull that quick note up later and deep link back into Sofa.

I know this is annoying, but I haven’t gotten my hands on an M1 Mac yet to do proper testing. I’m erring on the side of caution here. Short term I want to enable M1 support for the iPad app. Long term a proper Mac app.

If it helps, I’m happy to help with the testing.

1 Like