Hi Shawn, long timer/first timer here!
What problem are you trying to solve?
- Support for single issues of specific comic books beyond custom entires
- Better support for Graphic Novels
Explain your ideal solution?
- For single issues of specific comics, a valid/appropriate search would return a list of comic book titles, then clicking on the desired title would allow for entry of a specific issue number. Completed entry would have title, issue number and cover image added to list.
- For single issues, the comic entry in a list view could have UI that drills down into an issue list.
- For Graphic Novels, a new search option or a filter on book search that removes non-graphic novels? I don’t know enough about Sofa’s data sources to say for sure… Currently using book search will sometimes return a graphic novel if the title is unique enough, but even then, results are often not accurate or missing specific volumes in a series.
How are you currently solving this problem today?
- Custom entries. And this works ok, but, my comic issue lists get a bit cluttered with entry names that include titles and issue number, and not having cover images makes shopping/title recall a bit difficult.